Coldnoon is one of the largest online literary magazines published from Asia. It has published authors from all over the world, largely from India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Russia, United States, United Kingdom, Denmark, Brazil, Uruguay, Peru, among others.
Please ensure you have diligently followed our guidelines below, should you consider publishing your writing with us.
Genres we Publish
There is no restriction on the genres that we publish. Writings submitted to Coldnoon are shortlisted on the basis of their conformance to the subject rather than genre. We only classify on the basis of poetry, fiction and nonfiction. But that is no reflection on what genre of work you might wish to send us.
We publish works that have a strong attachment to space, geography, landscapes, architecture, urbanism or pastoralism–a sense of topophilia–without really going into the knick-knacks of form. Please feel free to send us works that transgress forms, or genres, if it happens to be linked with our subject in any way.
Diaries & Dialogues
If your intended submission is a creative or long analytical or research work (fiction, prose, nonfiction, poetry, collection of poems, travelogue, opinion, research paper) 950 words and above, send it to our Dialogues section, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your intended submission is more factual or based on reportage, send it to our Travel Bulletin section, at email@example.com. We are looking for short pieces (200-1200 words) which are innovative and newsworthy, either historically or based on current affairs, representing intersections of literature, culture, conflict, politics, cinema, popular culture, restaurants, lifestyle, and so on. If your submission is of above 1200 words, consider sending it to the Dialogues section.
- Send us your submissions in an MS Word file (no other format shall be opened). Attach a a brief author bio-note in third person (as a separate attachment). Also send a photograph of yourself (a clear mugshot and aesthetically appropriate for the purposes of attribution. Selfies, blurred or pixelated images shall not be opened).
- Include a short cover letter in the body of your email (introducing yourself and a sentence or two on why you would like Coldnoon to publish your work).
- Any submission received in PDF form or included in the body of the email will not be reviewed or accepted.
- Refrain from sending your work in more than one email address provided. If it is difficult for you to decide which email you must send your work across to then send it to us at any one address that you deem fit, and we shall get back to you as soon as we can.
- If your submission has not been accepted (we do read and review each submission very carefully), please wait at least a month before sending it to us again.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us immediately should your work be accepted elsewhere.
We are currently not publishing the journal. Those interested to publish their work in the journal must wait until we have resolved our models, and are back to academic publishing. The journal only publishes academic papers, opinion and poetry.
We usually respond within 2 weeks of your submissions. If we do not you can presume that we would not be able to publish your work. We believe in utmost transparency in our publishing policies. You can always call us for a feedback, or a pitch regarding your work at 91-8130224674.